Six Confidence Building Strategies
1. Everyday remind yourself that you did some things well.
Don't dwell on what you didn't finish.
2. Read inspiring biographies and autobiographies. Find out about people who started with nothing, or who had devastating setbacks, and still found a way to win. Remember, your capacity far exceeds your current level of performance.
3. Be thankful. No matter how bad your circumstances are, there's probably someone worse off than you. Put things into perspective.
4. Build excellent support around you. Build excellent relationships.
5. Push yourself to accomplish short term goals. There's no greater way to build confidence than getting things done.
6. Do something for yourself every week. Find a way to celebrate your weekly accomplishments.
Canfield, Hansen and Hewitt, The Power of Focus